Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Ruching is a French term which means "gathering, ruffling or pleating"

I'd never heard the term before, but today it has been thrust into my face twice.

Firstly while watching the What Not To Wear Christmas Special, I was informed that "ruching over the stomach ... disguises a less than perfect belly".

That was nice, but didn't really explain what ruching was, and Trinny and Susannah pointing vaguely at this woman's top weren't making it any clearer.

I probably would have let it go if it wasn't for QVC reinforcing the point that "ruching is very flattering".

So I've been forced to google it. The results aren't great since the main sources are quilting websites and I think the term has a different meaning in clothing.

My conclusion is that I think it's just a fancy word for pleating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home